Chaos and devastation reign in all the towns and communities of the western Negev since Saturday morning (7.10.2023), as Israel faced the deadliest and most horrifying attack from Hamas terrorists, invading the communities near the Gaza Strip.
The toll for the dead, missing and captured continues to climb to unimaginable numbers.
We at KKL-JNF started an emergency relief fund to support the people and communities now and in the upcoming days – for as long as will be needed.
Your donation, no matter how small, will help us provide the most effective emergency response possible:
* Supporting the Sderot Resilience Center that provides comprehensive mental health care and other vital services for the residents of the city and the surrounding area.
* Hosting survivors and evacuees in KKL-JNF Forest and Field Centers and other guest houses.
* Creating respite activities for children and youth who have fled or have been evacuated from their homes.
* Purchasing emergency military ambulances.
* Supplying emergency aid packages for the regional councils and municipalities that were affected by the attacks.
* Supporting and strengthening the community emergency response units.
This is an unprecedented event, a heartbreaking and earthshattering time for Israel.
This is a time to come together as an international community and unite for the people of Israel, especially the residents of the western Negev who have lost so much.
At an attempt to depict the scope of the crisis currently unfolding in Israel, imagine a single gunman strolling into a sleepy residential town one Simchat Torah morning, and shooting unarmed civilians at random – on the street, in their cars, outside their houses, minimarkets, and synagogues. To that shooter add 10-30 more gunmen roaming around that same town.
Now multiply that scenario taking place in 22 other residential communities, all at the same time. Men, women, children, in pajamas or dressed for the festival, fleeing in terror, as missiles thunder overhead and the gunmen prowl.
Throughout all this, military bases have been invaded and IDF units have been ambushed and massacred. Military tanks, captured and paraded on the streets of Gaza. Dozens of Israelis, dead and alive, including children, kidnapped and held hostage. Countrywide, thousands of men and women – mothers and fathers, sons and daughters – are dropping everything to report for emergency reserve duty.
The crisis is dizzying to behold.
We at KKL-JNF are in close contact with regional and local council heads in the western Negev, as well as with defense officials, as we assess where KKL-JNF assistance is needed the most.
Your support is more than just money. It is a huge, comforting hug to the terrified, heartbroken people of Israel.